10 REASONS TO ENROLL AT THE ARMED SERVICES YMCA WELLNESS CENTER.
We are enrolling members at ASYMCA trailer in front of the building at 110 Mountain Lion Road, Harker Heights for more information call 254.690.9622 or Contact Us Form. But you may enroll at any of our locations.
Enrollment fees 25% off until May 31st.
We've extended the 50% off enrollment until Saturday, May 7th.
Enroll in April and save 50% off enrollment fees and you'll become a Charter Member and receive an ASYMCA water bottle.
*NOTE: Membership is open to all, military and civilians alike and without residency restrictions. No online registration.
10 Reasons to enroll at the Armed Services YMCA Wellness Center.
- PRICE: We are affordable. We pride ourselves on the ability to provide low cost – high-quality programs at a rate most everyone can afford. If you cannot afford a membership, we do have financial assistance for qualified families or individuals. We offer a 10% discount for members paying annually.
- CONVIENENCE: We are open for both military and civilians, and no residential restrictions. We are located at 110 Mountain Lion Road in Harker Heights and a few hundred yards away from Killeen, and within a few square miles, there is a high school and several elementary schools. From Fort Hood to the Wellness Center will take around 10 minutes barring any traffic. The center will be open Monday through Friday 5:30 am to 10:00 pm and Saturday 7 am to 7 pm, and Sunday 10 am to 4 pm. When your membership activates, members will have access to all facilities. Including the Family Center in Copperas Cove, the Program Center and our outdoor Aquatics Center in Harker Heights.
- CHILD WATCH: Child Watch is available for any child (6 months to 12 years) listed on the 1 or 2 parent family membership. We have trained child care professionals to tend to your kids. This is not just a room for children to run amuck, but an environment you can be secure knowing your child is taking care of. We are an organization that has a child care program that cares for over 1100 children a day at 39 different locations. So we kind of know what we are doing.
- FAMILY ENVIRONMENT: We designed the center for the whole family in mind. Not only is there child watch while you work out, but there will also be activities for age six months and above. Ages 12-15 may work out with their parents, and ages 16 and up may work out on their own. We will have swim lessons from 6 months to seniors and all stops in between. With lessons for all abilities and skill levels. Biddy Sports is a program what teaches children the fundamentals of sports to get them a head start and learn good habits and good sportsmanship early on. Our multi-generation room will give seniors an area to relax and enjoy free coffee, and the afternoon it will give a place for your teenager to come and relax after a long day at school. As time progresses, we will start introducing other programs that focus on family and children.
- PERSONAL TRAINING: We will have personal training available for a fee. Our personal trainers are national certified and Y-certified as well. They can take you to the level in your health goals. If you want to lose weight, gain muscle, or just start eating healthier they can coach through it all.
- TRX SUSPENSION: The TRX Suspension Trainer is the original, best-in-class workout system that leverages gravity and your bodyweight to perform hundreds of exercises. You are in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise - because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance. This is the 2nd Certified TRX Suspension facility in the area the other one is at our ASYMCA Family Center in Copperas Cove.
- TEACHING / DEMONSTRATION KITCHEN: This is the second most asked question. “What is the Teaching / Demonstration kitchen?” The demonstration kitchen is designed to instruct members on how to cook nutritious meals for themselves and family. Also, if you have dietary restrictions, we can help create food plans. We will have classes for youth and teenagers to help get them understand that healthy, nutritious, and delicious meals does not have to be different meals but can be one.
- AQUATICS: The facility hosts as ten lane lap pool. The pool will be open the same hours as the facility, and we will have specific times for lap swimming only, and times for recreational swimming. However, we will always have a lane open for lap swimming. The depths are 3ft to 7ft. Our warm water therapy pool is a delightful 88 degrees and designed to relieve muscle and joint discomfort. A majority of our aquatics programs are free. Swim lessons will be $10 for members under the 1 or 2 parent family membership. Swim lessons are available for all skill levels and abilities and from 6 months to seniors and all year round. Participants in lessons become more comfortable and secure around water as they learn about water safety and practice swimming skills. They feel a sense of achievement from mastering something they can enjoy rest of their lives.
- NO CONTRACTS: We want you to come in and enjoy what we offer. We do not want to tie you down with a contract. Other places require a huge down payment for a non-contract membership and after that, it still takes a few months to cancel or auto-renew without permissions. Searching online you can find hints, YouTube videos, and wiki articles on how to cancel other gym memberships that include getting a doctor’s note or canceling your credit card. We are not in the contract business; we are in the people business. To cancel your membership with the Y is as simple as walking in and telling us. We will ask you a few questions, when and why. If you are unsatisfied with a program or services, let us know. However, do let us know before you cancel your membership so we can do our best to remedy the problem.
- HISTORY: Did you know the both basketball and volleyball were invented at a YMCA? The YMCA has a rich history of and still an innovator to this day of outreach programs, charitable work, swim lessons, and fitness. The YMCA has three areas of focus Youth Development, Social Responsibility, and Healthy Living. Our programs fit in one or more these focuses to help deliver quality programs and not only a class or lessons but lifetime experiences for children and adults. The YMCA has a vast network of experts that we call on for experience and training. In the U.S., the Y is comprised of YMCA of the USA, a national resource office, and more than 2,700 YMCAs with approximately 19,000 full-time staff and 600,000 volunteers in 10,000 communities across the country. The Armed Services YMCA received a four-star rating from Charity Navigator and was named as a Top-Rated Military Charity by Charity Watch for its financial stewardship. These designations recognize the Armed Services YMCA for consistently executing its mission to enrich the lives of junior enlisted personnel and their families in a fiscally responsible way. The Armed Services YMCA in Killeen will be celebrating its 50th year in the community this year. Our roots run deep in the community.